There are numerous books explaining the learnings, people’s experiences & science behind LCHF.
But for me, my greatest insights & learnings came from reading the following books:
- New Atkins for a New You, by Dr Eric C Westman, Dr Stephen D Phinney & Dr Jeff S Volek
- Salt, Sugar, Fat, How the Food Giants Hooked Us, by Michael Moss
- The Big Fat Surprise, by Nina Teicholz
- Why we get fat & what to do about it, by Gary Taubes
- Good Calories, Bad Calories, by Gary Taubes
- Diet Delusion, by Gary Taubes
- The Real Meal Revolution, by Prof Tim Noakes, Sally-Ann Creed, Jonno Proudfoot, David Grier
- Challenging Beliefs, by Prof Tim Noakes
- Bad Science, by Ben Goldacre
- Wheat Belly, Dr William Davis
- The Art & Science of Low Carbohydrate Living, by Jeff S. Volek PhD, RD and Stephen D. Phinney, MD, PhD
- Why I Quit Sugar? by Sarah Wilson
- Sweet Poison, by David Gillespie
- Obesity Epidemic, by Zoe Harcombe
- Dr Christopher Gardner, Professor of Medicine at Stanford University, published articles and discussions on the internet
- Harvard School of Public Health, Direct Study via http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/carbohydrates/low-carbohydrate-diets/
The majority of these books can be purchased via Amazon, or via a reputable book dealer.
Note: the Real Meal Revolution, can currently only be purchased digitally via www.kalahari.com if you don’t live in South Africa, however this book will during 2014 distributed beyond South African borders – to find out more details check out their website or Facebook page!
These are the websites I frequent the most for inspiration & insight:
www.realmealrevolution.com as well as Facebook
www.jaquelineduncan.co.za (the section called “Twin Noakes” within this blog)
There are numerous others, however these are the ones I keep coming back to!
Why we get fat? presented by Gary Taubes & Andreas Eenfeldt Diet Doctor