Here’s my confession….my blogging has lapsed due to me lapsing from the LCHF lifestyle. I fell off the bandwagon, consuming again carbs & sugar the latter part of last year. And truly & openly, have reaped all the negative consequences in doing so!
Not only picking up the weight I lost, but feeling sluggish, lethargic, bloated and the list can continue.
And it is really, really hard to get started again.
One realises again, how addicted one is to the refined, high carbs!
I came to the realisation, blogging for me, is my way of being honest with myself & sticking to the program. So this year has been a restart & re-ignition to the LCHF lifestyle.
But the addiction cravings initially are painful, and one of my ways of overcoming them, is by satisfying my craving, by indulging in a GUILT-FREE Chocolate fat shake! So to those out there in the same situation, lift yourselves up, forgive yourselves & drink a shake!
To be cliched “Keep Calm, Drink a Cocoa Fat Shake”!!! Hee, hee.
Now only one point I need to make, is this drink is around 25g of carbs, esp. if using full cream milk and/or coconut cream and 80% chocolate. So, I’ve replaced the full cream milk with cream and/or coconut milk and the coconut cream with coconut milk. I make the replacement, since my body is too good at taking full cream milk and converting it to sugar i.e. I’m cautious with the quantity of dairy I consume!
The point is, if you are really carb sensitive, and are trying to consumer =<25g carbs per day, like myself, then you need to half this drink OR use it for 2 portions, which is what I do. One drink for today, tomorrow or the next day, the second portion, which I store in the fridge. It’s great either as a replacement alternative to your breakfast or lunch or dinner, or as a “snack”!
- 200ml cream (you can make any portion of this coconut milk or full cream milk or a combination of all 3)
- 200ml coconut milk (same point as above)
- 50g butter (melted)
- 1 tsp-1 tbsp raw cocoa (intensity is taste dependent) OR use a small chunk >=80% dark chocolate melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
How to make?
- Cold version: Use a hand mixer/liquidiser to mix well and then consume!
- Hot version: Heat all the ingredients in a saucepan until it reaches a slow simmer. Stir continuously with a whisk OR use a hand mixer to mix well. Now ready to drink.
Hope this helps with your cravings, as it does for me!