However, I make an exceptional to this truly moist, tasty dish.
It contains only the goodness of great ingredients.
And it can be used in so many ways….
- 1 onion
- 1kg mince (can be a mix of different types of minced meat or just one type like beef, pork, chicken, lamb)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream or full cream milk
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
How to make?
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl. Now mix well with your hands.
- Press into a loaf/bread tin (or another oven proof dish), and put into a roasting pan. The dish used needs to fit into a roasting pan.
- Pour boiling water into the roasting pan (i.e. your meatloaf dish is surrounded by water at it’s sides)
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius (350 Fahrenheit) for about 1 hour. If the water boils away, add more water to the roasting pan.
- After an hour, remove from oven and remove your dish from the roasting pan. Serve with a salad or vegetables. Can even use it as a form or “bread” the next day & slice and put cheese & tomato between it.
Another idea, is make round meatballs with the mixture, and place into a dish, that’s placed into a roasting pan, to bake in the oven (i.e. use the same process described above)…great then over zucchini spaghetti, or to use in lunchbox treats.