I have been experimenting with a variety of LCHF “bread” recipes.
The truth is, nothing will ever taste as deliciously bad as the “true” breads, however, I do find, depending on taste preference, that there are the truly awful LCHF breads & then there are the acceptable tasty ones.
I tend to not enjoy the high egg & high quantity of linseed breads.
The recipe below, has a great combination & taste profile & hits the spot!
- 200g almond flour
- 75g Linseed
- 25g Sesame Seeds
- 50g Sunflower seeds (use whole, or in whatever proportion grind)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Psyllium Husks
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g Greek Yoghurt (or alternatively buttermilk)
- 6 eggs
How to make?
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius.
- Mix the eggs and yoghurt together.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Put into a greased bread tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Take out & let it cool down, before cutting.
- Note, it freezes well. Great then for toasting!