A recipe I will be making this week since it looks too delicious for words, and that would hopefully satisfy my sugar cravings, is the cocoa nut and/or seed clusters recipe from the website blog Low Carb is Lekker, or you can find her on Facebook. So full credit to this yummy recipe to Low Carb is Lekker!
Pictures of this, will be posted hopefully by next week.
- 100 gram *coconut flakes (* can be replaced with 3/4 cup plain fine or medium desiccated coconut)
- 50 g butter
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 Tbsp xylitol
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 4 Tbsp coconut cream
- 4 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 4Tbsp desiccated coconut fine
- 4 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp grated orange or lemon peel (optional)
- NOTE: you can make these with chopped nuts instead of the seeds, or use a combination!
How to make?
- In a dry pan, toast your seeds and coconut flakes ever so slightly on medium heat till brown colour starts to show. remove from heat.
- In a medium saucepan, on medium – high heat, melt the butter, add the xylitol and mix.
- Add the cocoa dissolved in the hot water and the coconut cream. Allow the sauce to bubble and thicken for 2 minutes while stirring. Remove from heat and allow to sit for a minute or two.
- Add all the seeds and coconut and stir into the chocolate sauce.
- Scoop into a12 hole tiny cupcake latex moulds or into small cupcake liners. (You could also line an egg carton with cling wrap and mould little clusters in the oval moulds)
- If you did not use the coconut chips you could roll the batter into 12 balls. Allow to cool and set overnight or for 2 – 3 hours.