Cauliflower is such an amazing vegetable.
Not only do I use it to substitute for rice, mash and wraps, but now I use it for making a substitute for potato dumplings aka tots.
And it is so simple to make!
Ingredients (can be halved)
- 1 head of cauliflower (finely chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups grated cheese (your choice, but ideal is emmental, parmesan, aged cheddar etc)
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 2 egg
- salt & pepper, to your taste preference
How to make?
- Finely chop the cauliflower. I use a food processor with the blade, due to speed and convenience, but you could chop it finely with a knife or use a grater.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and make sure all is well mixed.
- I used then two tablespoons to create the shape/size, but the preference on shape & size is up to you (makes around 30 tots)
- Bake on a greased oven tray or on tin foiled oven tray, in a preheated oven of 200 degrees celsius for 15 minutes, then take out & flip them over, and bake for a further 10 minutes. If your sizes are larger, then baking time might take longer.