My treat when eating, is making a dish, I wouldn’t normally make everyday!
An absolute spoil dish.
Last week, I decided my treat was going to be calamari heads & tubes, when I was in my local fishery, and happened to see it freshly available. Yummy!
But being on LCHF, made me realized my typical flour-batter was not an option, so I needed to experiment.
And the above was the results!
- 10ml herb salt (I use A.Vogels Herbamare, but you can improvise & use salt & a mix of dried herbs you enjoy)
- 50g almond flour
- 50g coconut flour
- 2 eggs whisked
- coconut oil, enough to fry (alternatively no oil, if you are baking)
How to make?
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the herb salt and flours together.
- Dip the calamari in the eggs & then dip into the flour mixture.
- Rest in fridge for one hour.
- You can either then fry them for a few minutes, since it doesn’t take long too cook OR you can bake on an oven tray in a preheated oven of 190 degree celsius for approximately 15minutes or until crispy light brown.