This truly awesome delicious decadent low carb cake credit goes to Libby, blogger of DitchtheCarbs.
This low carb lemon coconut cake, truly has an amazing texture, holds great moisture & has a great zing to it, due to the lemon & yoghurt inclusion.
In my experience, it is so far, my BEST-EST low carb cake!
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 1 tsp psyllium husk
- 50g melted butter or coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- juice & zest of 2 lemons
- ICING: 100g cream cheese softened, 100g full cream greek or natural yoghurt, zest of 1 lemon, 1 tbsp sweetener
How to make?
- Mix almonds, coconut, baking powder, sweetener and psyllium husk together.
- Add the melted butter (or coconut) and mix in gently.
- Add the eggs, mix.
- Add the lemon juice & zest, mix then pour into a greased & lined RING tin.
- Bake at 180 degree celsius for 25-30minutes, or until baked.
- Take out the oven & let it cool before removing from the tin.
- In the meantime mix the softened cream cheese, with the yoghurt.
- Add the sweetener and lemon zest. Mix & carefully ice the cake when it has cooled down completely OR use icing to serve on the side.