I don’t know about you, but there are days, that I crave sugar.
And that craving just doesn’t disappear, by trying to fool my body in forgetting, by drinking coffee or having a savoury low carb snack. It sits on my shoulder, nudging me, however I now know from past experience, that I can’t stop if I start with “real sugar” & “high carbs”.
So every now & then, I experiment, with alternative low carb high fat “sugar-free” options.
Through this, I’ve found “sugar-free” bite size delights. I find one or two are enough to satisfy my craving. They are the perfect chocolate coconut kiss!
- 1/2 cup of eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp xylitol (optional to add, you don’t need to add the sweetener to the recipe) and can add more if you require it sweeter, or can use stevia as an alternative
How to make it?
- Soak the coconut in the coconut milk.
- Beat the eggs, until fluffy.
- Add in the salt, extract & sweetener.
- The mix in the coconut mixture.
- Then either use a greased mini-muffin container or baking tray to prepare for baking. I use approximately a heaped tsp per serving, so the batter makes approximately 36 coconut kisses.
- Bake at 160 degrees Celsius for approximately 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Whilst cooling, on a baking rack, melt 50g of Lindt dark chocolate (use any variant of good quality dark chocolate, that’s higher than 70% cocoa), in microwave. This takes approximately 2-3 minutes. Take out every 30 seconds & stir. Alternatively melt, in a double-boiler on the stove. Then dip the tops of each of the “kisses” into the chocolate.
Voila, Enjoy your coconut kiss!!! I hope it satisfies your cravings as well.