Yippeeeee……Frangipani Tart that’s LCHF Friendly
I absolutely adore anything to do with the “marzipan” type of dessert, and when I made the other day a Frangipani Tart, I was really bummed, that I couldn’t enjoy eating it with others!
However, I now can have my tart & eat it!!!
- 150g (1 1/2 cups) almond flour/ground almonds
- 75g (1/2 cup) coconut flour
- 1 tbsp xylitol (or equivalent type sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 115g butter
- 1 egg (lightly mixed)
- 100g butter
- 2 XL eggs
- 150g Xylitol Sugar (or equivalent type sweetener)
- 165g almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- almond extract to taste
- almond flakes or nibs for decoration on top
How to make?
- BASE: Mix the flours with the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the butter, that’s been cut into pieces into the flour, and mix with your hands until it resembles a crumb-like mixture.
- Stir in the egg to bind it together until a round ball is formed.
- Wrap in film, and leave for minimum of 1 hour.
- Grease tart dish and press the dough lightly into the container, until it covers the entire dish.
- FILLING: Beat the butter, xylitol together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, until well mixed.
- Slowly add the rest of the ingredients. And pour into the base.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 35-45minutes, or until it is baked through.
- Let it cool down on a cooling rack and serve at room temperature or cold. It is amazing by itself or with a dollop of mascarpone cheese!