Flapjacks, glorious flapjacks!
I suddenly had to, but just had to make them. They looked so more-ish and delicious. However, I did not have the necessary ingredient, namely almond flour. So I got creative and ground my almond nuts, which were a chunkier texture than the shop bought almond flour….but it still worked! YUMMY. Craving satisfied.
Create goes to him, for the following recipe:-
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- 1 cup almond flour (or equivalent almond flakes/nuts/nibs if you have a food processor or grinder)
- 50 grams melted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp xylitol (or equivalent sweetener)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
How to make?
- Now if you don’t have almond flour, which I had run out of, get the equivalent volume which is 100g (actually 96g, but who cares about that extra 4g) of almond nuts or nibs or flakes. Place this in a food processor and pulverize until it resembles crumbs.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients & mix well (all except for the butter)
- In the non-stick pan, add the butter & cook the pancakes in 1/3 cup servings
- Now he suggests cooking over a medium heat. My gas stoves medium heat simply caused the effect on the left side of the image, HOWEVER on my lowest setting, it created the picturesque & more-ish flapjack I was craving. So do a dummy run with a small amount to check what best works on your stove.
- They cook identically to flapjacks where the little bubbles come through to show it’s ready to be turned over, the only difference, is since the mixture is not being bound by gluten, you need to be gentle in turning them around!