Hmmm, Chocolate Mousse, nom, nom, nom….
Yesterday was a challenge for me. Everyone around me, was nom, nom, nom’ing away on red velvet cupcakes, chocolate brownies, lemon meringue tarts, quiches and I can go on…….all in celebration for birthday’s I was celebrating with friends and then with family.
And there I sat drinking copious amounts of water and coffee with cream, to avoid placing any of these high carbohydrate & sugary delights into my insulin resistant body! It amazed me, that there were minimal (LCHF) options available to eat, besides removing the salmon off the bilini’s and consuming mini-meatballs.
I had eaten beforehand, since I suspected this would be the case, so it made being there, much easier to handle and any temptations avoidable!
But it continued leading me on my quest, to find yummy, nom-nom, alternatives to the bad above!
And one of the delights I have discovered is a chocolate mousse LCHF equivalent.
Hmmmmm……nom, nom, nom Chocolate mousse!
- 90g cream
- 1 TBSP raw/pure cacao powder
- 60g cream cheese
- 60g butter
- 1 TBSP stevia (or sweetener you prefer using, I find stevia too sweet so I use xylitol)
How to make?
- Whip up the cream with your hand beater until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, cacao, sweetener until well mixed.
- Now fold the cream, in batches into the chocolate cheese mixture.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture into separate ramekins. The quantity makes for approximately 6 generously portioned mousses. Let it set in the fridge for at least 30minutes to 1 hour. Then it’s ready for consumption.
- And to totally spoil yourself, pour some cream or melt some dark chocolate and use as a ‘sauce’ on the dessert or eat as is!
So there is a silver lining to being tempted by sugary treats, it’s about discovering LCHF sweet alternatives that are nom, nom, nom!!!!