Spanish Influenced Quick & Easy Marinade Ideal for Lamb & Beef
I love barbecue (aka ‘braai’ in South Africa), especially if the meats are not just good cuts & quality, but have been basted in tasty LCHF friendly marinades. My favorite is a spanish influenced marinade, that is not only quick & easy to make, but is made of ingredients most people who love cooking, will have in their homes!
This marinade is best for barbecuing or grilling.
- 2 TBSP red wine vinegar OR juice of 1 lemon
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tsp smoked Spanish paprika (hot or sweet)
- 2 tsp finely chopped thyme leaves OR use dried thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper ground (not fine, but coarse)
- 1/2 tsp salt
How to make?
- Combine all the above ingredients in a small bowl and mix.
- Place the meat in a container that can be closed. Put the marinade inside with the meat. Close the container & shake.
- Ideal to leave the meat in the marinade overnight, but if this isn’t possible, then a couple of hours will suffice. Just to remember to shake the container every now and then, to ensure the marinade completely covers the meat.
Ideal meat is any and all lamb & beef, especially fillets and chops!