Nom, Nom, Nom….I can’t get enough of vegetable gratins!
There is nothing more more-ish, and so comfort foodie, but without the high bad carbs, as eating a vegetable gratin, in this case the Cabbage, Asparagus & Leek Gratin! Nom, nom, nom….I can’t get enough, and what with autumn on the horizon, I suspect it will be my favorite dish.
Absolute bliss. My stomach is in heaven!
- Cabbage, small head (Red or white), cut in thin strips
- 12 Baby Leeks (chopped up in circles)
- 300g Asparagus
- 1 Onion (chopped roughly into small pieces)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 300ml Cream
- 300ml creme fraiche/ sour cream
- 200g cream cheese
- grated cheese (to put on top of dish – quantity your choice/ optional)
- salt & pepper
How to make?
- Heat the c/oil in a saucepan, and sauté the leeks until tender. Remove the leeks from the saucepan, and add the onion & garlic. Saute the onion until transparent, then add the cabbage and place a lid on your saucepan, until the cabbage is tender and cooked. You might need to stir it a few times!
- In another saucepan, bring salty water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook for a few minutes. Then remove the asparagus from the water and put aside.
- Mix the cream, creme fraiche & cream cheese together with salt & pepper.
- In an ovenproof dish or tinfoil dish container, put all the vegetables together in. Ensure they are well mixed.
- Then pour on top the cream, c/fraiche & c/cheese mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a preheated oven of 170-180 degrees celsius, bake the dish for 20-30minutes OR until cooked and the cheese on top golden brown!