This is one tart, that one either loves or hates. I suspect, this is due to the ricotta and espresso taste profiles.
Not everyone’s cuppa tea, as one would say…it’s not a sweet tart, but it is delicious in it’s own special way.
- 1 packet biscuits (175g): can be a combination or individually coconut, ginger, digestive or milk biscuits.
- 50g butter, melted
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 175g cream cheese
- 2 XL eggs
- 125g brown sugar
- 30ml flour
- 70ml brewed cooled expresso coffee
- 5ml Vanilla Essence or Extract
HOW TO MAKE?
- Preheat oven to 170 degree celsius.
- Crumble the biscuits either by placing them into a bag and using a rolling pin, to beat it, to break into pieces OR crumble in your multi-processor. Add the melted butter (some people prefer to add more butter, the choice is up to you, basically you want the biscuit crumbs to stick together). Spread evenly in a tart dish (20cm diameter) and along the sides.
- Beat together the ricotta, cream cheese, eggs, brown sugar and flour until smooth.
Add the cooled expresso and vanilla and mix well.
Spread the mxiture evenly on the crust.
- Bake until light brown, for about 40 minutes.
- Once cooled, can be refrigerated until served. Serve with some freshly brewed coffee!