Although it takes an initial bit of effort, it will be thoroughly enjoyed by your family and friends….
Crust (24cm tart ring)
- 175g butter
- 75g castor sugar
- 20g cocoa powder
- 250g cake flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 35ml cold water
- 200g dark premium quality chocolate (e.g. Lindt, Cote d’Or etc)
- 200ml cream (or whipping cream)
- 200g muscovado sugar (can use brown sticky sugar)
- 10g Maldon sea salt (or any other coarse sea salt)
- 100g castor sugar
- 100g Pistachio
How to make?
- Mix together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg yolks and 35ml cold water and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour/cocoa powder until paste is formed. You can do this is a mixer or with electric egg beaters if prefer vs. by hand/spoon.
- Once done, wrap pastry in cling-film and leave it to rest (preferably in fridge) for at least 1 hour.
- Dust surface lightly with flour, and roll out the pastry until bigger than your tart ring/tin. Trim off excess. Leave to rest for 10minutes or more, to assist in minimizing shrinkage.
- Bake blind in oven at 180 degrees celsius for 20minutes. Baking blind, means you fit your tart with baking paper and put in baking beans or baking marbles. Lift out the beans and paper and bake for a further 5-10minutes, until base is fully baked.
- Allow to cool.
- Make the filling in a double boiler or glass/metal mixing bowl over a saucepan of hot water.
- Put all the ingredients in and melt them all together until glossy thick and smooth.
- Pour into your cold, baked crust and let it refrigerate at least for 2 hours.
- Melt the sugar in a saucpean, gradually mixing until you have a golden liquid caramel.
- Pour in the pistachios and mix well, quikcly pouring onto a parchment paper/silicione sheet.
- Allow to cool thoroughly, then break or chop (with mixer) into shards and sprinkle over the filling.
It’s just so yummy….hmmmm.