I love a combination of sweet sour flavors, and the best is using lemon in baking. Nothing yummier in combining…
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (can use low fat)
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
How to make?
- Combine butter, sugar and eggs and mix well. Then add the flour, baking powder and milk and lemon rind. Mix to a smooth batter.
- Pour into a greased and lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 50-60minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
- Once taken out, and cooled, ice the tops and sides with the lemon icing.
- Now to make the lemon icing, combine the icing sugar with enough lemon juice to make the icing “pour”/fluid, but must not be too watery. Allow it to drip and drizzle over the cake.
Yummy, to indulge with a good cuppa tea!!!!