Now this is a delicious tasty easy treat….with amazing flavours…
you can choice to do this as a loaf or make it as muffins, either way, a treat.
What’s more, is it has a few days shelf life, due to the oil in the mixture that keeps the texture moist!
- 3 cups flour
- pinch salt
- cup castor sugar
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup golden syrup
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (dissolved in 1/4 cup of water, that is over and above the 1 cup of water above)
- 3 eggs
- 2 loaf tins, lined and greased
How to put together?
Now I’ve never seen a simpler recipe in terms of mixing.
- Heat oven at 170 degrees celsius
- The order of the ingredients shown above, is the order of the mixing together OR do what I did, which is that I put all into my kitchen at once, and then just mixed. Once all the ingredeints are mixed together, mix them for 5 minutes. Thus my kitchen aid vs doing it by hand or with a kitchen hand-mixer.
- Grease two loaf tins, and line the bottoms.
- Bake for 50minutes or until ready. If you decided on making muffins, then awake for about 20 minutes, with the mixture place into muffin holder cases and put into a cupcake/muffin tin tray.
NOTE: since it contains oil, the shelf life and moisture of this loaf, is better!
As simple as that!
Although Thelema passed away a few years ago, her memory lives on via her gingerbread…