Here’s my sisters kick-ass chocolate nutty brownies, which she indulges in, now and then. Currently more now, than then (Sorreeeeeeeee siswe!)
And it’s really simple….
- 350g chocolate (min. 30% cocoa solids)
- 225g butter
- 2 flat tsp instant coffee granules (preferably freeze dried, better intensity & quality)
- 2 TBSP hot water
- 3 eggs
- 225g castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75g self-raising flour
- 175g chopped nuts (use walnuts or pecan nuts or macadamias)
- 225g chocolate chips (or small broken pieces of chocolate)
How to make?
- Preheat oven to 190 degree celsius. Grease a 30*23cm bake-tray or roasting pan, then line the base/bottom with baking paper/parchment.
- Break up the chocolate into pieces and melt slowly with butter in a double boiler OR if you don’t have a double holier, in a bowl set over a pot of hot water on the stove/heat plate, stirring until fully melted. Leave to cool. Dissolve the coffee in the hot water.
- In another bowl, mix together the coffee, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in the chocolate mixture. Fold in the sifted flour, nuts and chocolate chips, and then pour the mixture into the baking container.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until brownies have a crusty top and a skewer comes out clean. Leave the brownies to cool in the tina nd then cut into 24 squares.
- Now if you are a real choc-o-holic, then I suggest you make the chocolate ganache as shown in an earlier recipe and drench the brownies in this. Yummy…overload!!!